Scholarship Application Criteria
To be eligible for a KNF Scholarship, an applicant enrolled in a pre-licensure program (ADN or BSN), must have successfully completed 1 semester of nursing coursework.
To be eligible for a KNF Scholarship, an applicant enrolled in a post-licensure program (MSN, NP, DNP etc.) must show evidence of acceptance in the program of advance study.
Scholarship Application Process and Timeline
1) Complete the application cover form.
2) Submit the application form and accompanying information to the Kentucky Nurses Foundation Research and Scholarship Committee by 5:00 p.m. Friday, September 6, 2013
. Applications received after that date will not be considered by the review committee.
3) The accompanying information must include:
- A one page written description of why you are applying, and what receiving the KNF Scholarship would mean to you.
- Letters of support of the application by two (2) members of the program of nursing faculty
- A signed/dated agreement statement that commits the scholarship recipient to participate in 1 of 2 options for informing individuals /groups about the KNF Scholarship program between October 2013 and October 2015.
- The 2013 KNF Scholarship Awards will be presented to the recipients during the Kentucky Nurses Association Healthcare Summit on Friday, October 4, 2013 at The Capital Plaza Hotel in Frankfort, Kentucky. The recipients and the program of nursing chairpersons will be notified in advance in order to arrange for attendance at the awards ceremony.
4) Mail the completed application and attachments to:
The Kentucky Nurses Foundation Research and Scholarship Committee
PO Box 2616
Louisville, KY 40202-2616